Is This You?
Inspiring Organist/Pianist /Part-time Choir Director
West Vancouver Presbyterian Church is seeking an enthusiastic Music Director who is comfortable with both traditional and more contemporary hymns and choral music to inspire inter-generational worship.
Location: West Vancouver Presbyterian Church (WVPC) – 2893 Marine Drive, West Vancouver BC.
Starting Date: November 1, 2016
Details: Website: www.westvanpresbyterian.ca
– Kawai G2 grand piano and Allen Electric Organ
– Actual playing time of 2-4 hours per week including:
– 1 weekly Sunday service (10:30 a.m.)
– 1 monthly choir practice (currently Thursday evening for approximately 1.5 hrs.)
– 1 monthly half-hour choir practice from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. prior to our Sunday service.
– Additional compensation will be paid according to the musician’s need to: organize and select music; meet with the minister; practice during the week; and attend to other matters which might arise. The number of hours will be negotiated according to experience and need.
– The piano and organ are available for practice time during the day (not so much during evening hours).
– Music is not always confined to our hymn book, The Book of Praise. Anthems and other special pieces are often used and are taken from our very substantial music files.
– The musician selects the music for preludes and postludes and for the monthly choir piece(s) according to the scripture and theme of the Sunday service; the minister selects the hymns.
– There may be other times (funerals and weddings) when the musician’s services could be requested; the musician would be paid separately on these occasions.
– The successful applicant should enjoy sharing their gifts of music along with the desire to bring out the best from our small, dedicated choir.
– Salary is dependent upon experience.
- Interested candidates are asked to reply via email to our HR Coordinator,
Kaireen Morgan at: email@example.com